Location Description: Hampshire , Dorset
Type of Position: Group location with some work at home
Time Commitment: 3 – 7 hours per month (after initial training)
Closing Date: TBA
Role Purpose: To support the facilitator with running a support group.
Hours will be dependent on which meetings you are supporting with:
Wellbeing: One or two evenings each month (different times and evenings in different areas)
Trans+ & Questioning: Two evenings per month from 6pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
Partners meetings: One evening per month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
Parents meetings: One evening per month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
You will also need to be able to undertake initial and ongoing training and may be asked from time to time to help out further with other work the facilitator is doing.
Responsible to: Facilitator, also working under Volunteer Coordinator and Member Support Coordinator
Person qualities and skills
- Empathic and be willing to gain an understanding of transgender+ issues
- Listening or counselling skills are an advantage, but empathy and positive regard are the most important qualities
- Embrace equality and diversity ethos and the principles of Chrysalis.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Ability to travel – own vehicle or good public transport links
- Access to broadband and IT equipment
Support volunteer tasks and responsibilities
- Supporting the facilitator with the safe running of the meeting
- Helping the facilitator with keeping the meetings within Chrysalis Guidelines
- Taking orders from facilitator in an emergency (following Chrysalis Crisis Management Plan). If necessary, call the emergency services.
- Being in contact regularly with the office
- Training will be provided to enable all volunteers to carry out the role in accordance with Chrysalis workflows.