Location Description: Southampton
Type of Position: Office and Home based
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Time Commitment: 5 hours per week
Closing Date: 7th May 2021
Do you have a flair for time management and excellent organisation skills? Are you able to work well under pressure and have a flexible, pro-active approach? Can you hit the ground running? Do you care passionately about equality and the rights of everyone to self-determination, and have an understanding of the issues facing gender diverse individuals?
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Coordinator working 5 hours per week reporting to the CEO. Your time will be over 1 day working remotely or in the Chrysalis office post-lockdown to coordinate various projects in line with our core service delivery, and in accordance with our strategic aims and objectives. This is an administrative role so would suit someone happy to work within an office environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone to play a key part in the running and development of a growing charity.
Chrysalis provides safe, confidential, facilitated meetings online and across Hampshire and Dorset (where trans+, non-binary and questioning people, their friends and families can: meet with others of similar life experiences; receive counselling; participate in workshops; and engage in supportive, facilitated group work) as well as training, advocacy, peer mentoring and networking to promote understanding and inclusion of gender diverse people in society.
Skills we are looking for from you
- · to be competent in the use of Office 365 and video conferencing (essential)· ability to coordinate the planning and implementation of multiple projects across remote teams· be able to motivate and encourage others
· be decisive and able to work well under pressure
· be good at problem solving
· possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· be able to co-ordinate work carried out by different people and organisations
· be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
General tasks and deliverables
- · Create and maintain master project work plan· Planning and scheduling of project timelines with project lead· Work with project lead to identify resource requirements
· Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
· Coordinate staff/volunteers in conjunction with the office manager and volunteer coordinator to meet project deadlines
· Report regularly to senior management
· Track project performance, including spend and revenue
· Measure, evaluate and report on results
· Close down projects effectively
This role will be advertised internally and externally with a closing date of Friday 7th May.
Interviews to be held online by Microsoft Teams meeting week commencing Monday 10th May.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and abilities fit the job role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should include a response to each of these questions:
1. How do you think your previous experience would help you in this role?
2. What are the key stages in planning a project?
3. How would you coordinate multiple projects?