Location Description: Working from home
Time Commitment: Time Commitment: Minimum two hours per month, most people do four or more, plus initial training
Closing Date: TBA
Role Purpose: To support the facilitator with running an online support group.
Hours will be dependent on which meetings you are supporting with, you could be doing as few as one per month up to a few each week:
Drop in: Friday morning 10.30-12.30
Trans+ & Questioning: Thursday and Friday evenings, groups run at 6.30 and 8pm
Partners meetings: Third Thursday of each month at 6.30pm
Parents meetings: not currently running, but would be a one hour meeting once per month
You will also need to be able to undertake initial and ongoing training and may be asked from time to time to help out further with other work the facilitator is doing.
Responsible to: Facilitator, also working under Volunteer Coordinator and Member Support Coordinator
Person qualities and skills
- Empathic and be willing to gain an understanding of transgender+ issues
- Listening or counselling skills are an advantage, but empathy and positive regard are the most important qualities
- Embrace equality and diversity ethos and the principles of Chrysalis.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Access to broadband and IT equipment
Support volunteer tasks and responsibilities
- Supporting the facilitator with the safe running of the meeting
- Helping the facilitator with keeping the meetings within Chrysalis Guidelines
- Taking orders from facilitator in an emergency (following Chrysalis Crisis Management Plan). If necessary, call the emergency services.
- Being in contact regularly with the office
- Training will be provided to enable all volunteers to carry out the role in accordance with Chrysalis workflows.