Location Description: Working from home
Time Commitment: Minimum two hours per month, most people do four or more, plus initial training
Closing Date: TBA
Role Purpose: To support the facilitator with running an online support group.
Hours will be dependent on which meetings you are supporting with, you could be doing as few as one per month up to a few each week:
Drop in: Friday morning 10.30-12.30
Trans+ & Questioning: Thursday and Friday evenings, groups run at 6.30 and 8pm
Partners meetings: Third Thursday of each month at 6.30pm
Parents meetings: not currently running, but would be a one hour meeting once per month
You will also need to be able to undertake:
- initial and ongoing training
- quarterly facilitators meetings
- regular (quarterly) supervision
- new member sign up meetings
Responsible to: Volunteer Coordinator and Member Support Coordinator
Person qualities and skills
- Empathic and be willing to gain an understanding of transgender+ issues
- Listening or counselling skills are an advantage, but empathy and positive regard are the most important qualities
- Need to be able to complete paperwork and manage a small team of volunteers who assist in supporting members
- Embrace equality and diversity ethos and the principles of Chrysalis.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Facilitation skills
- Access to broadband and IT equipment
Online facilitator tasks and responsibilities
- The safe running of the meeting.
- Ensuring the structure of the meetings stay within Chrysalis Guidelines
- Meeting and registering new members and welcoming them into the group
- Keeping the paperwork up to date, attending Facilitators meetings and liaising with the office team
- Taking charge in an emergency (following Chrysalis Crisis Management Plan). If necessary, call the emergency services.
- Communicate with the office administration team ensuring that the group is fully supported in all aspects at all times.
- Training will be provided to enable volunteers to carry out the role in accordance with Chrysalis workflows.