Location Description: Hampshire , Dorset
Type of Position: Group location with some work at home
Time Commitment: 12 to 16 hours a month
Closing Date: TBA
Role Purpose: To facilitate a support group with workshops and counselling sessions provided in conjunction with volunteer counsellors and support volunteers.
Hours: Hours will be dependent on which meetings the facilitator is delivering:
Wellbeing: One or two Thursday evenings each month (different times and evenings in different areas)
Trans+ & Questioning: Two evenings per month from 6pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
Partners meetings: One evening per month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
Parents meetings: One evening per month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm (different evenings in different areas)
You will also need to be able to undertake:
- between two and eight face-to-face meetings per month for new members
- quarterly Facilitator’s meetings
- regular (minimum of quarterly) supervision
- initial and ongoing training
Responsible to: Volunteer Coordinator and Member Support Coordinator
Person qualities / skills
- Empathic and be willing to gain an understanding of transgender+ issues
- Listening or counselling skills are an advantage, but empathy and positive regard are the most important qualities
- Need to be able to complete paperwork and manage a small team of volunteers who assist in supporting members
- Embrace equality and diversity ethos and the principles of Chrysalis.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to travel – own vehicle or good public transport links
- Access to broadband and IT equipment
Facilitators Tasks and Responsibilities
- The safe running of the meeting.
- Ensuring the structure of the meetings stay within Chrysalis Guidelines
- Meeting and registering new members and welcoming them into the group
- Keeping the paperwork up to date, attending Facilitators meetings and liaising with the office team
- Work with the Office Admin team to arrange speaker and workshop presenters in alignment with Chrysalis speaker protocol on a three-month rolling basis
- Taking charge in an emergency (following Chrysalis Crisis Management Plan). If necessary, call the emergency services.
- Informing the building manager of any hazards and reporting any accidents.
- Communicate with the office administration team ensuring that the group is fully supported in all aspects at all times.
- Training will be provided to enable volunteers to carry out the role in accordance with Chrysalis workflows.