During the Covid-19 pandemic we have switched to online meetings and support.
For information we have also listed the face to face groups we operate (which hopefully can resume in the future).
Online group to discuss all aspects of transition in a facilitated space with peers.
Usually held on Thursday / Friday evenings.
Face to Face Groups
Currently the following groups are suspended during the Covid-19 pandemic. Please get in touch if you would like to hear when they are back up and running.
A casual inclusive space for all trans, intersex, non-binary and questioning people.
The group offering social space, workshops, talks, peer support, and fun activities. Two evenings a month in Southampton, one evening a month in Portsmouth. Basingstoke opening soon.
A structured support group providing free one-to-one counselling, life-skills, workshops, peer support and facilitated group work for gender diverse people.
On the first and third Friday of each month. In Southampton, Basingstoke, Portsmouth & Fareham.
Support groups for parents, grandparents and carers of gender diverse people.
Offering support, free one-to-one counselling, peer support, facilitated group work, and workshops when requested.
One evening of each month In Southampton.
For Partners and close friends whose life is impacted by the gender diversity of a loved one Offering support, free one-to-one counselling, peer support, workshops, and facilitated group work one evening of each month In Southampton.
Face to Face Groups – Locations
Group meetings are held in Basingstoke, Southampton, Portsmouth & Bournemouth
Face to Face Groups – How the meetings work.
- The location of all the meeting centres is confidential
- If you are interested in joining a group then first of all speak to the office team who will run through some questions with you to determine which group is most appropriate for you.
- You will then be contacted by one of our facilitators who will arrange a face to face chat with you in a coffee shop or similar so that you have a familiar face and voice to meet you when you attend your first group.
- The location of the meetings is only disclosed by the facilitators after they have had this chat, this is for the safety and privacy of all group attendees.
- Chrysalis recognises that not everyone can be out and would never expect you to conform to any kind of gender expression however we will undertake to always strive to get your name and pronouns right.