Counselling Administrator, 5 hours per week, £ 2,470.40 p/a
Do you have experience working within a counselling environment? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you care passionately about equality and the rights of everyone to self-determination, and understand the issues facing gender diverse individuals?
We are looking for a self-motivated counselling administrator working 5 hours per week reporting to the Operations Manager. Your time will be spent over 2-3 days working remotely to administer our counselling service in line with our core service delivery, and in accordance with our strategic aims and objectives.
Chrysalis has a commitment to respect, accept, include and empower our members with integrity. Our counselling service is central to the delivery of our mission: to provide world class support to trans, non-binary and questioning people, their families and friends across England and Wales. As Counselling Administrator you would play a key part in ensuring we meet, or exceed, our client’s expectations. Supporting the running and development of a growing charity.
Skills we are looking for from you:
- Experience or qualification in counselling or counselling administration
- Understanding of Counselling ethics and person-centred therapy in practice
- To be competent in the use of Office 365, Microsoft Teams and Excel
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Understanding of safeguarding issues and the management of risk
- Knowledge of data protection and confidentiality principles
- To be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
General tasks and deliverables:
- Manage and maintain the counselling waiting list
- Allocate clients to counsellors in accordance with Chrysalis policies
- Liaise with clients and counsellors regarding their availability
- Administration of documentation and CORE forms
- Collate data and report on Key Performance Indicators at monthly Operations Meetings
- Manage client and counsellor queries in a sensitive, timely and professional manner
- Assist in the recruitment and training of volunteer counsellors
- Attend relevant meetings and training as required
- Maintain the counsellor leave calendar
- Carry out any other work or duties that are reasonably requested
This role will be advertised internally and externally with a closing date of Monday 15th November 2021
Interviews to be held online by Microsoft Teams meeting week commencing Monday 22nd November 2021
Please apply with a CV and cover letter detailing how your skills and abilities fit the job role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should include a response to each of these questions:
- How do you think your previous experience would help you in this role?
- How would you deal with an upset counsellor or client?
- How would you manage clients who were related?
All Chrysalis employees are invited to further support the charity through volunteering over the course of the year.
 Based on a full-time salary of £18,528 p/a and a 37.5 hour working week