Location Description: Southampton
Type of Position: Office and Home based
Salary: £17,550 pro rata
Time Commitment: 9 hours per week (2 x 4.5 hour days)
Closing Date: TBA
Are you interested in joining the Chrysalis team?
Do you have a flair for organising, a love of administration and passion for the support of trans and questioning people, their families and friends? Chrysalis is recruiting a part time Project Coordinator to deliver our outreach projects including Pride, #FlytheTransFlag, Trans Day of Remembrance and Conference
Chrysalis small charity
Are you organised, good at planning and working within a budget? Outgoing with a flair for creating memorable events? Can you motivate and coordinate a small team to deliver Chrysalis’ external events and looking to develop your project management skills?
Do you care passionately about equality and the rights of everyone to self-determination, and have an understanding of the issues facing gender diverse individuals?
We are looking for a new team member to work 9 hours a week, reporting to the Office Manager to deliver Chrysalis projects in accordance with our strategic aims and objectives.
Due to the nature of the role there will be some weekend and evening work and the post holder may be required to be flexible about the number of hours worked on any given week, keeping clear records of hours worked. Regular workdays to be determined with successful candidate.
This is a great opportunity for someone to play a key part in the development of a small charity, thanks to the National Lottery Community Fund.
Chrysalis provides safe, confidential, facilitated meetings across Hampshire and Dorset (where trans+ people, their friends and families can: meet with others of similar life experiences; receive counselling; participate in workshops; and engage in supportive, facilitated group work) as well as delivering training, advocacy, peer mentoring and
networking to promote understanding and inclusion of gender diverse people in society.
Skills we are looking for from you
- Competent in planning and delivering small projects (essential)
- Experience of budgeting (essential)
- Able to organise and motivate others (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
- Office 365 or other project management software capability (desirable)
- Word processing, email and spreadsheet use (essential)
- Flexible, self-motivated and learn new skills quickly (essential)
- Knowledge of the impacts of being gender diverse (desirable)
- Able to work with individuals at different levels, with differing needs and abilities (essential)
- Full, clean driving licence (essential)
- Own transport (desirable)
General tasks and deliverables
Work with the team to deliver Chrysalis projects including, but not limited to
- Pride – walking groups and information stand
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Transgender Day of Visibility
- Conduct first contact conversations with potential beneficiaries on the phone and face to face
- Work with the volunteers to promote wellbeing of beneficiaries, sharing
information and developing resources
Deadline for applications 12noon Monday 18th November
Interviews Friday 22nd November at the Chrysalis office in Warsash
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Your cover letter should include a response to each of these questions:
- What experience do you have of running small projects and working within a budget?
- What does Pride mean to you, which have you attended and in what capacity?
- What experience do you have of organising and participating in professional events such as conferences?
Created by: Andi Maratos 30/05/19
Reviewed by: Andi Maratos and Dawn Harding 16/09/19