As you are all aware, there are a growing number of reported cases of coronavirus in the UK. Although the risk of catching the virus is still relatively low, it is important that we all take necessary precautions to protect ourselves and those that we visit and with which we work.
We ask that all employees, volunteers and members advise us if they are self-isolating or have been diagnosed with the virus and the last time they were in contact with another member of Chrysalis. We suggest that you stay at home if you feel unwell, and follow the guidelines on the links given.
Please see below the latest advice from the NHS, together with links to government and WHO websites.
With regards to keeping the groups open we will be following government guidelines, and will advise you accordingly should we close.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus – advice from NHS website as at 13/03/20
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
• wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
• try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
· NHS ADVICE - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
· GOVERNMENT ADVICE - https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
· WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION ADVICE - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
If anyone has any questions or concerns about the coronavirus and our activities, they should contact the office immediately on 07823 504306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org